Palo Duro Canyon State Park ~ Texas
Campsite #91 ~ Mesquite Camp Area
Palo Duro Canyon is known as the “Grand Canyon of Texas.” It is at the top of my favorite Texas State Parks. Simply breathtaking.
- Hiking and climbing are the big draw to Palo Duro Canyon, but regardless of what time of year you go, bring LOTS of water (for Fido too)!
- We stayed in the Mesquite Camp Area, which is at the very back of the park, but we found the WiFi better there than near the front (if that matters to you).
- Don’t have an RV or tent? Not to worry! They have the cutest rock cabins built by the CCC. Make sure you check them out!
- Many visitors bring their dogs, but take caution with Fido. I have personally seen many dogs get exhausted along the trail (big and small).
- Case in point: I ended up having to carry my 10 lb. Miss Roxie after she sat down on the trail and refused to move: Carried her to the halfway to the Lighthouse, and all the way back! No fun!
- Don’t have a dog? Bring your horse! They are welcome too, and the best part they will carry you!
- You can discover more on Palo Duro by clicking HERE!
COPYRIGHT 2011-2018, MrsPadillysTravels.com – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED